Thursday, August 3, 2017
Big Sky 2017 Projections
Here are my projections for the Big Sky Conference in 2017. The league is still at 13 teams until Idaho joins in 2018, but North Dakota will be joining the Missouri Valley Conference in a couple of years. Here are the projections:
1. Eastern Washington: Beau Baldwin is gone as coach, Cooper Kupp gone at WR, no big deal.
2. North Dakota: The most surprising team in 2016 is at it again in 2017.
3. Weber State: Wildcats are loaded on defense, and got Stefan Cantwell from Snow College at QB.
4. Northern Arizona: Lumberjacks are in a position to make a playoff chase in 2017.
5. Cal Poly: One of the strongest rushing attacks in the nation is going to make a push.
6. Montana: The Griz are struggling to get back to the top, but could surprise this season.
7. Southern Utah: Patrick Tyler is back at QB, and Robert Tolgorsen is a beast on defense.
8. Northern Colorado: Defense is thin for the Bears, and offense will rely on the run.
9. Montana State: Chris Murray showed flashes at QB, but must put it together now.
10. Portland State: Alex Kuresa is gone, and that is a huge hole to fill for the Vikings.
11. Sacramento State: The Hornets have decent pieces, but lack the entirety needed to win.
12. UC Davis: Dan Hawkins takes over with the Aggies, but he has some serious work to do.
13. Idaho State: Unanimous pick for last in the league, the Bengals have a ton of work to do.