Wednesday, July 13, 2016
2016 Pre-Season FCS Top 25
Our PRS rankings work much the same as explained in my earlier piece tonight regarding the FBS Top 25. Those rankings will also be released after the first full week of the season. This, again, is based on my projections of team schedules, and is based on how I believe these teams will fare against said schedules in 2016.
1. North Dakota State...Cannot bet against the 5 time defending champs.
2. Eastern Washington...Cooper Kupp is one of best WRs to ever play FCS football.
3. Jacksonville State...Gamecocks could easily meet NDSU again for FCS title.
4. Sam Houston State...BearKats finding a new level under KC Keeler.
5. Charleston Southern...Bucs play NDSU in FCS Kickoff Classic. Jamey Chadwell is a great coach.
6, Fordham...Joe Moorhead has moved on as coach, but talent still flows for Rams.
7. Richmond...Spiders could turn a corner in 2016. Best in loaded CAA.
8. Montana...Bob Stitt was perfect hire last year, and could take Griz to Big Sky glory in 2016.
9. Chattanooga...Finding a replacement for Huesman at QB is only issue for talented Mocs.
10. McNeese State...Cowboys could push Sam Houston State for SLC title.
11. William & Mary...Tribe is in position to push Richmond in CAA.
12. North Carolina A&T...Aggies are in golden age for program right now.
13. Northern Arizona...Jacks may be behind Montana and EWU, but are still loaded.
14. Northern Iowa...Panthers rising in loaded Missouri Valley Conference.
15. South Dakota State...Jackrabbits are primed to finish in top 3 in Missouri Valley.
16. Colgate...Red Raiders biding time in Patriot League behind Fordham.
17. Duquesne...Dukes are class of weak Northeast, need signature wins out of league.
18, Grambling State...Tigers are in position to push Alcorn State for SWAC title.
19. San Diego...Toreros could be class of loaded upper half in Pioneer League.
20. North Dakota...Sioux are rising threat in loaded Big Sky.
21. Penn...Quakers ready to move ahead of pack in Ivy League.
22. Alcorn State...Fred McNair takes over program on the rise.
23. North Carolina Central...Eagles trying to push rival A&T in MEAC, has talent to do it.
24. Dayton...Flyers are neck and neck with San Diego for Pioneer favorite role.
25. Harvard...Crimson not ready to play dead for Penn in Ivy title chase.
Honorbale Mention: Dartmouth, Jacksonville