- USU will be on national TV this season 4 or 5 times this season.
- Wisconsin is a highlite game for TV.
- Conference is evenly matched.
- All games will be highly contested.
- Credits his players in raising expectations by media, coaches.
- Happy to be respected.
- Respect gets you no rings, bowl games.
- Can go with 4 TEs on the field at any given time.
- Have talent at WR.
- Matt Austin is the leader on offense.
- Kerwynn Williams needs some help at RB.
- Nobody came out of spring ball as a solid backup option behind Williams at RB.
- Feels great about QB siutation, has two that will play in Keeton and Adam Kennedy.
- Want to run the ball with power, but want to consistently throw the ball.
- Feels there was not enough balance on offense last fall.
- Feels zero pressure to name a QB. Has no agenda about it. May name one, may not.
- Scheduling BYU and Utah is a priority, but they want home and home, not 2 for 1 deals. Program is too established for 2for 1 deals with in-state rivals.
- BYU, Utah not on schedule past 2015.
- Have to find a way to play well for 4 quarters. Won't get off of the edge unless they can find consistency.
- Defensive line will be a focus, as Al Wilson told us last night.
- 16 seniors this season, and will be at 84 scholarships this season, so team will be young.
- Depending on seniors to lead by example.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
WAC Media Days: Utah State
Coach Gary Anderson has the podium, joined by Bojay Filimoeatu and Matt Austin: